[VHFcontesting] W1RJA FN31 Jan VHF SS comments

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W1RJA FN31 Jan VHF SS comments
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:17:18 -0500
ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W1RJA
Operator(s): WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31mp
Operating Time (hrs): 24

     6:  184    23
     2:  242    29
   222:   78    20
   432:  115    21
   903:
   1.2:   38    13
   2.3:   11     6
   3.4:
   5.7:
   10G:
   24G:
-------------------
Total:  668   112  Total Score = 117,824

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Put our clubs' callsign on the air for the first time in any contest. Only
wish it could have been a better showing, but am lucky to be on the air at
all after last July's lightning disaster.
Cons: No 903. Saturday was a waste of a heartbeat with antennas and power
lines snapping in the wind. 2M preamp blew out Sunday.
Pros: Wind finally calmed Sunday. Down East Microwave's latest design 25W
1296 transverter worked extremely well mast-mounted! Mistakenly applied
600W of IF drive to it due to a wiring error on my part and it still
worked! N2CEI is a genius! Thanks to everyone who braved getting on the
air, and especially to all the Rovers and Portable ops who braved the
elements.
-73, Ron WZ1V