[VHFcontesting] W3SO LM FN00 WPa ARRL Jan VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3SO LM FN00 WPa ARRL Jan VHF
From: Ed Steeble <esteeble@sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:08:57 -0500
W3SO, LM, FN00, WPa section ARRL Jan VHF Contest

6M: 356/56
2M: 418/61
222: 110/36
432: 177/40

Totals: 1061/193  Score = 260,164

Operators: AI3M, W3BTX, W3IDT, W3SF, W3YOZ, WR3Z, and K4VV.

WX not so bad?.maybe 1-2" of snow after 4"
earlier before we got there.  The plowing made
going up the mountain fine. The normal amount of
snow on the ground for this time of the year is
18 inches. We dodged the ice. Monday AM ice formed on the antennas and trees.

On 6M, we had a couple of spurts out to W0/W5 for
~11 grids, but other than a few in W9-land, all
the rest were in W1/2/3/4/8.  On 2m we penetrated
farther out than normal. We didn't have the 500w
220 amp for this contest so the 220 totals are
down. Overall, we felt the rates were good except
for when the football games were on.

We shut down everything during a few hour period in the middle of Sat night.

A lot of the big guns were absent this time
(mainly the January issue).  No W4IY, K8GP,
K3YTL.  W2SZ was on but probably from home?their
sigs were real down compared to normal.  Didn't hear K9NS.

For the Wopsononock Mountaintop Operators,
Ed, K3IXD