[VHFcontesting] Spring VHF/UHF Sprints - K9JK proposal/offer toassume 's

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Spring VHF/UHF Sprints - K9JK proposal/offer toassume 'sponsorhip'
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:03:44 -0600
VHFContesting Reflector readers,

Being one who wrote to Gene, I am willing to take on the 'sponsorship' of
the Spring VHF/UHF Sprints. I have done research on the dates and propose
the following schedule for 2007:

144 MHz, Monday, April 9th
222 MHz, Tuesday, April 17th
432 MHz, Wednesday, April 25th
Microwave, Saturday, May 5th
50 MHz, Saturday, May 12th

For 144, 222 and 432, these adhere the the historical Activity Nights for
those bands and the Microwave coincides with MAD Saturday (Microwave
Activity Day).

As best as I can tell, these dates avoid the NCAA Men's Basketball Final,
Eastern VHF/UHF Conference, SVHFS Conference and Dayton. (I've even looked
ahead for 2008 and there will be some challenges for 2008 due to the NCAA
Men's Final being later in April, but that can be worked out).

I would like to see logs turned in no later than FIFTEEN days following each
event and I will encourage Cabrillo. I would also like to work with Ev and
the "Contest Within A Contest" team to possibly accept the 'real time' logs
(or at least the Cabrillo output of the program). I would like to DISCOURAGE
(even eliminate?) paper logs but maybe that's too big of a leap.

I DO have the time to do it and WILL do a good job. I've actually already
started on a Yahoo! Group for the Spring Sprints but have some more work to
do there before I'm confortable makig that 'live'.

Would I have the support of the participants or is there someone else,
either individually or as pepresentative for a club that would like to
assume sponsorship?

Feel free to reply direct to me (a Reply should do it but I'm list my e-mail
address below my signature), and I will also monitor the Reflector.

73, and THANKS for reading, John K., K9JK
k9jk73@hotmail.com