Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity

To: "John Geiger" <johngeig@yahoo.com>,"Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:18:19 -0600
Someone needs to go back into production on the 2m Big Wheels. The one I
own(Cushcraft) was used by Tom Smith, W4RXR as he was operating N4T/rover
this past contest. He worked W4WA EM84 from EM65 on the Natchez Trace. I
don't think the common loops would do that with 50 watts into them. That
thing works FB. My experience on 2m SSB is that there are too many guys
looking for BIG signals and don't want to dig for the weak stuff. I tell
them, that is why it is called weak signal.In fact, Tom is looking for 220
and 432 Big Wheels. I know where there are some 6m Squalos that might be
available. Any ideas on what they would be worth?
                                                     Joe W4AAB