Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

To: "John Geiger" <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC
From: "Ron Hooper" <w4wa@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:46:44 -0500
John

I was one of the 2 meter operators and contest coordiator for the 1986 WS4F
M/O effort at K4MSK mountain top location in EM85. All the contacts were
made on tropo from a 5000 foot mountain in western North Carolina. The
antenna was 4 big KLM yagis on 90 foot rohn 45g tower fed with 7/8 heliax,
which I put up. The amp was a Henry with a 8877 tube. The rig was a Icom 251
or 271?? I think there were about 120 grids worked on 2 meters that weekend,
I can't remember all the details but it was a contest of a life time. That
was the only time our club placed first in any of the ARRL VHF contest over
30 years of operating.

Ron W4WA