[VHFcontesting] indoor antennas on 50 MHz

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] indoor antennas on 50 MHz
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:31:03 +0000
John is correct - while certainly not "optimum," indoor antennas do work.

I made 50 MHz Es QSOs in the Sept. 2006 VHF Q Party and the Jan. 2007 VHF
Sweeps using an indoor attic dipole. Otherwise I would have made none. See
my "soapbox" comments for these contests.  C C & R outside antenna
restrictive covenants have been a significant factor in reducing activity
for many ops. Indoor antennas and portable operation are some ways to deal
with it.

- N0JK