[VHFcontesting] Newbies and ham clubs - Update

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Newbies and ham clubs - Update
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:43:00 -0500
Earlier, I addressed 4 clubs I have given presentations to.  I overlooked an
important fifth.  That is the Hart House Amateur Radio Club at the University
of Toronto.  The original VE3CRU was an Engineering grad and HHARC member and
we operated from the HHARC farm north of Toronto too.  This club in the past
has raised some prominent hams well known in the VHF spectrum in addition to
Hans VE3CRU.  To name a few, Steve VE3SMA who inputs here at times, Dana
VE3DSS/VE3KU, Arthur VE3VZ and more.  I was at the HHARC Field Day last June
and used the club's Icom 910-H on all 3 bands, and a spare was there won
earlier by a club member.  Nice rig!  These hams have lots of drive and
ambition and I am always happy to seek them out and loan them antennas and my
ProII to work alongside their ProII at FD.

Several university ham clubs operate in hf contests too including School Club
Roundup, and many American schools have ham clubs to help raise the interest.
Help them out too.  We need them.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU