Re: [VHFcontesting] "Portable"

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] "Portable"
From: KA6AMD <ka6amd@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:35:07 -0800
As I live in a remote and semi-rare grid square, I need good sized
antennas just to be heard in the Los Angeles area.  The home QTH is in a
valley surrounded by +5000ft mountains, so portable is the only way to
go.  It takes about four hours to set it all up.  When done I have 3
masts; a 6-meter beam, a 2M-222-432  set, and 902 together with 1296.
This separation allows me to work in different directions when I need
to.  It also consolidates the antennas with similar beamwidths on their
own masts, making the steering a little bit easier.

Erich
KA6AMD
DM15