Re: [VHFcontesting] Historical contest dates

To: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Historical contest dates
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:58:43 -0800
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:38:00PM -0600, John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK wrote:
> Ken, (and VHFContesting readers)
>
> If the reference to "ARRL Spring Sprints" means the VHF & Up Spring Sprints
> (AND I believe that the "ETDXA Spring Sprints" MUST be referring to VHF &
> Up), I am actually WORKING on that "right now". I'm actually OCRing Results
> from QST and NCJ so I should untilmately be able to provide Score Results
> back to 1983.

Yes, those are the contests I was thinking of.  The ARRL sponsored the
VH/UHF Spring Sprints from 1983 to 1998, when they dropped the contest
for lack of participation.  The Contest Scores Database has line scores
for the ETDXA sprints for the years 2003, 2004, and 2005, but not for any
other years, and we don't have any of the ARRL VHF/UHF Sprints line scores
in the database yet.  We will happily take both line scores and the contest
date/time information.

> So, for ARRL _VHF & Up_ Spring Sprints (from 1983 through 1998) and for
> ETDXA Spring Sprints (from 2000 through 2005, and 2006 results when they
> become available), consider ME the volunteer. ALSO, I have data for 4 of 5
> events in 1999 when the individual events were managed by five separate
> clubs/persons/entities (woking on the 5th).

Send me whatever you have when it's ready, and I'll get it in the database.

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/