Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking Question

To: "DENNIS BRICKEY" <n4dd@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking Question
From: k_berglund@waymark.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:12:18 -0600 (CST)
My real simple answer is?
If you are stacking only two identical vhf yagis, stack them one above the
other.
This decreases the beamwidth in elevation, but hardly changes the azimuth
pattern.
You get the increase in gain but don?t have to point the rotor any more
accurately.

The distance you stack the yagis is a function of their gain. A general
rule of thumb is half their boom length, but consult your manufacturer for
a more accurate figure.

Make sure that you consider phase, and impedance matching in your setup.

Keith  WB5ZDP