[VHFcontesting] Elk antennas for rovering

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Elk antennas for rovering
From: n3aws@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:17:31 -0400
I am interested in the dual band Elk log periodic that covers 2 meters and 70
cm.  Does anyone have any experience with this antenna in a portable or rover
setting?  How well does the antenna perform?  What type of mast do you use?
How quickly can it be set up?  How sturdy is it for this type of use?

I have only tried VHF rover once and was unsuccessful--Murphy struck hard.  I'm
currently deployed in SW Asia and will miss my favorite QSO Parties (Georgia
and Florida) but hope to be on the air for FD and the June VHF Contest.

Any opinions on this antenna will be greatly appreciated.

73,

Jim N3AWS

"He who laughs last, thinks slowest!"