[VHFcontesting] Southern California 432 MHz Sprint - K9JK /R /6 -Startin

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Southern California 432 MHz Sprint - K9JK /R /6 -Starting at DM04xe
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:23:29 -0500
Hello So Cal Reflector Readers,

I am out visiting in Southern California and will be operating in tonight's
432 Sprint. Thanks to Jim, K6OSO, I located a GREAT starting point, up Santa
Anita Canyon Road in DM04xe. I plan to be there at 7pm to start and that
will be the primary operating place at about 1600 ft. elevation according to
my GPS.

After activity slows, I will leave there and head over to DM14 (most likely
'ad') and if traffic cooperates, time permits and activity support, I might
then head down toward DM03 and DM13. DM14, DM03, and DM13 may be "mobile" or
certainly not at spots with the same elevation as the starting point.

Equipment is just an FT-817, 5 watts, with a KU4AB Omnidirectional Loop
antenna that will be at about 10 feet, so I'm not likely to pin any S-meters
and I am ready to go CW if needed.

Look for me around the calling channel, 432.100 and I usually go lower from
there, so check 432.095 and 432.090. I will also tune around.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on the air tonight.

73, JK