[VHFcontesting] WSJT6 not going into TX, RX sequence

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WSJT6 not going into TX, RX sequence
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:45:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all, I downloaded the latest version of WSJT - the icon on my computer says
WSJT6 (it has the specJT scope too).

  I cant get it to go into the transmit sequence or recieve. The screen  comes
up and specJT comes up. All the features are active on the main  screen - I can
plug in calls, the standard messages all work, and I can  switch between auto
on and off. However, when I select auto on the  monitor indicator lights up and
thats all it does. From the older  version I have I think the monitor feature
is just what it says -  monitoring a specific frequency, both periods. So that
has me a little  confused. Im not sure what older verion I have is but it has
the EME  echo mode, JT44, and FSK441. It works fine - I have had many FSK
contacts on it before.

  My computer is an old toshiba 4015cdt laptop running windows 98. Im not sure
of the speed or storage capacity.

  Any ideas?

  Steve, KC8QVO