Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: LMR400 or 400UF?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: LMR400 or 400UF?
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:52:52 -0600
JT Croteau wrote:
> Will I take a noticeable performance hit if I use LMR400 UltraFlex in
> the rover vs. regular LMR400 coax?  I was planning on using it for 6,
> 144 and 432, runs will be less than 14'.

Doesn't look like it.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/coaxperf.html

Not too many websites with both on them, and I didn't have time to go
dig through Times' website.

Looking at a few other sites, they generally agreed with Universal
Radio's numbers for LMR-400, but many hadn't added the UltraFlex version
yet... so they were only good for a sanity check.

Nate WY0X