[VHFcontesting] Correction re credits of beam designers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Correction re credits of beam designers
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:56:04 -0400
Gene Zimmerman mentioned several well known beam designers.  However, one is in
error.  Ted Sparrow VE3BQN, who became a Silent Key a week ago, was a
ham-dentist, never designing beams.  The person deserving this credit is Bob
Morton VE3BFM whose stretched 4 elmt 6 meter beams I now have.  Last year's CQ
WW VHF Rover World was won by me, using a single 'BFM 4E6 beam 12 feet up on my
Rovermobile.  Points: 79,002.  No 2 meters taken.

For those in disbelief over what rovers can put on the roof, I run in all vhf
and up contests with this beam at the top of the mast at 12 feet, from the time
I leave home till I return home, and run full highway speeds too.

Fuel economy:  Don't ask, not included in any Rover Handbook!  : - )

Bridges, never a problem.  Trees, many problems.  PLAN YOUR ROUTE WISELY!

Bill   VE3CRU/R