Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Rule question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Rule question
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:54:17 -0500
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:24:01 -0700, Kenny K2KW wrote:

This rule has been in the CQWW HF rules for some time. The intent was to stop people from using remote receivers or remote stations in ADDITION to their main station.

IF that IS the "intent", iIt seems that it might be BETTER accomplished if the prior sentence was worded:

Transmitters, receivers AND ANTENNAS
must be located within a 500 meter
diameter circle or within the property limits
of the station licensee?s address, whichever
is greater.

Then that second sentence that Dex asked about wouldn't be needed.

OR, if I interpret that the way it is...does THIS allow me to run "wire" from a transmitter/receiver at my station to antennas on the east and west coast (or outside of that "500 meter/property limits" clause anyway)?

Or am >I< still missing something? Other thoughts?

73, JK

73, Kenny K2KW