Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?
From: "David Erickson" <erickson+vhf@mentis.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:53:57 -0400 (EDT)
We've had no problems on the highways but have run into problems in tight
areas with the rover.  The highest antenna when the mast is laying on the
roof is 12 feet.  The old rover was an Expedition with anteanns stacked on
top of the roof rack.  That was at 13.5 feet and had minimal issues as
well.

Basically since we put together the new rover, we have only obliterated
our 6 meter moxon and bent a few elements on our 432 rover yagi.  Which
with replacement parts for the moxon and gently bending the elements back
into place it was easily repairable.  Now we try to find operating sites
that are easy to get in with few worries of low branches.

www.k3lfo.org

73's
Dave
w3dio