[VHFcontesting] looking for info - am-494/gr motorola amp

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] looking for info - am-494/gr motorola amp
From: John Robinson <johnr@cavalry.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:39:59 -0600
Just wondering if anyone knows about an old military Motorola Amp I have
sitting on my shelf. I purchased it in an estate sale a couple years ago
and finally have decided to try to learn something about it. According
to the placard on the front its a Amplifier Radio Frequency AM-494/GR
Motorola Inc.

I have been unable to find out much at all about it on the internet
using google, so I'm hoping someone is familiar with this unit and would
be will to share that info. The one website that listed a little info
says its a 45w in, 250 watt out VHF amp. Can this amp be made to work on
2m?

Thanks for any info or direction on this amp.
John
w5hb