Re: [VHFcontesting] One Missing Rover

To: "Dave Agsten" <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] One Missing Rover
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 20:11:25 -0500
On 8/6/07, Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com> wrote:

Until some VHF and UHF Contest rules are changed, I will not be out in
the rover.

Mike wrote

OK the cost of fuel I understand the need to be more effective in our
route choices and operating positions however I don't understand what
deaf ears in Newington have to do with it.  Several years ago I raised
a suggestion on one list about field day and Gene W3ZZ asked that I
email certain people at the league and voice my concerns.  Guess what
they changed a FD rule,actually created a new class, for FD.  Now
there is another FD rule I would like to see changed that they haven't
acted upon so I guess I'm hitting 50-50.

Now ....

What specifically would you like to see changed that you think would
improve the contest?  Having not been able to get on the air for most
contests the past few years but still monitor the lists somewhat I'd
be curious to your concerns.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com