[VHFcontesting] N9DG & APRS

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N9DG & APRS
From: Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
Duane,

  I couldn't disagree more with your comments.

  APRS does not equal "easier". It would simply be used as a position reporting
system. No band reporting, no operating frequency. I don't see it being any
different than me looking on QRZ and seeing that you are in EN53 and pointing
my beams your way if I needed or hadn't worked that grid in a contest  Ooops,
excuse me, it's not a contest these days like it use to be. It's a "QSO Party".

  And APRS operates on VHF+ frequencies.

  73,
  Dave N8AG