Re: [VHFcontesting] WX0B 6 Meter Stackmatch

To: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WX0B 6 Meter Stackmatch
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 04:09:12 -0700
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 06:24:56PM -0400, k8cc wrote:

> I've used one of those WX0B 6M Stackmatches since 2001 with no
> problems.  In my setup, I have three dissimilar 6M antennas and I use
> the Stackmatch to switch between them or to drive more than one for
> different coverage areas.

The WX0B box is a quick and easy way to do three antennas.

> Perhaps this is a fine point, but the Stackmatch will not do phase
> control on its own.  You can tack on phasing cables externally and do
> certain forms of phase control, but then you could do that with
> standalone relays too.

If you are only doing two antennas and if you would like to
try an out of phase condition you can just use relays and
some coax of the correct length.   All of my stacking is
done using Ameritron RCS8 remote coax switches.

http://www.kkn.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3467&g2_serialNumber=2

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net