Re: [VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R planning stages

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R planning stages
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:04:31 -0700 (PDT)
I think I have my route figured out. I drove it on Sunday and will be headed
back along it tomorrow. The grids I will activate are EM79, EM89, and EN80. I
have a few spots picked out in EM89 to operate from - none of them are real
good, in terms of RF, however. I havent found any real suitable areas - one is
a park and the elevation goes up in one direction, another is a cemetary up on
a hill - again, elevation goes up on one side. I havent found a decent position
in EM79 yet. The only place I found is a strip mall parking lot. I would rather
avoid that location to avoid the people HI.  When I go back home tomorrow Ill
look around a bit more and see if I can come up with some better positions. It
still looks like Ill be a one-man-band this time.

  Steve, KC8QVO