[VHFcontesting] Sept VHF QSO Party Es

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Sept VHF QSO Party Es
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:18:25 +0000
Nice contest Es opening on 6 Meters all afternoon Saturday. Saw N5TIF spotted. :-)

Here in north central Kansas, stations in Mississippi and Alabama were very loud. I worked several running my old MFJ-9406 (10 watts) and a dipole.

Es openings are rare in the September contest and a widespread oone like yesterday's a pleasant treat.

GL in the contest to all.

- N0JK em28

Hi Steve

You were one of two rovers that I worked during the opening good to here some rovers out there have not worked any rovers in my area yet but still have tomorrow.

I missed the first 45min of the opening do to all things putting up a new 6m beam it took a lot longer then I thought it would. But still had a good showing working 43 grids hope the Es show up again tomorrow. This is all ready been better then the June contest!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

  N5TIF
  EM12hl