[VHFcontesting] September VHF QSO Party at W4DEX

To: VHFContesting <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] September VHF QSO Party at W4DEX
From: Dexter McIntyre W4DEX <dmcintyre@att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:52:50 -0400
I'm surprised I haven't seen any post about this past
weekend's activity.  A bit of hit and miss Es made 6 meters
interesting here in EM95 on Saturday.  But the highlight of
the contest was the tropo on Sunday morning created by the
low pressure system off the NC/SC coast and the slow moving
front to the west.  The tropo for me didn't extend to the
north east past PA but the microwave bands were hot from
EM95 to  FN10 and FN20.  Solid S9 contacts were made on all
9 bands, 50 thru 5760, with K3TUF and N3NGE and up to 10 GHz
for 10 bands with W3SZ.

Dex, W4DEX