Re: [VHFcontesting] [Mw] First RF device in a DEMI 2304-144 RX lineup.

To: Dave Sublette <k4to@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Mw] First RF device in a DEMI 2304-144 RX lineup.
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:11:13 -0500 (CDT)
I'll excuse you Dave.  I just want to work you in the next contest! :-)

I built one of the original WA8NLC boards (in fact, I think I even got it
from Jim). When DEM came out with the mod sheet upgrading the devices in
it, I did the mod with the MGA85676 and the ERA-1's and ERA-2's. The board
performed MUCH better!

I wondered why Steve at DEM would've switched to a GaAsFET on the input.
Maybe better performance than the MGA865 but then he'd have to fit in all
the extra biasing and additional matching circuitry. The 865's are easy
to use.

I'm currently using a WB5LUA design LNA ahead of the receiver input on the
2304 transverter with an ATF36077. Very nice.

73, Zack W9SZ