Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG/R Rover Schedule for Fall 144 VHFSprintsApril

To: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@midatlanticbb.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG/R Rover Schedule for Fall 144 VHFSprintsApril 25, 2007
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:54:21 -0000
Hi Steve,
It is that time again, but with no source of AC power to speak of, I will be
running just the 60 watt exciter on 144 MHz. It looks like the band will be
open later this week, but with the limited power available, I cannot have
all the bands up and idling, even if I run 100 watts on each band. What a
bummer! It looks like I can run 60 watts on 144, and then 903 and up. 222
and 432 would kill the generator. 903 and 2304 almost kill it by themselves!
    I spent most of Saturday tinkering with the big (dead)  generator, but
got nowhere. I could not even remove some parts from the block to allow an
inspection of whatever failed. I need to call in an "expert".

Dave K1WHS