[VHFcontesting] FN77/78 for the 432 MHz Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FN77/78 for the 432 MHz Sprint
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:44:28 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Group,

I just realized the 432 MHz Sprint will run while I'm
holidaying on Miscou Island, New Brunswick!  So, I've
decided to pack up some gear and put FN77 on the air
that night.  It'll be pretty tough sledding, but let's
give it a try!

The setup will be pretty modest:  an FT-817 into an
amp will probably give me 20 watts maximum.  I'll have
four 5-element yagis on a 20 ft portable mast.

If I actually QSO with anyone, I'll consider packing
the gear in my car and driving a kilometer up the road
into FN78...same power but only 1 yagi.

I'd appreciate setting skeds ahead of time so I know
how much trouble I should go to.

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS/VE9