Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG/R Fall 222 Mhz Sprint Score andObservations

To: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@midatlanticbb.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG/R Fall 222 Mhz Sprint Score andObservations
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:47:20 -0000
Hi Steve,
I heard the guy calling you on CW when you were in FM08US. It was W2GIO.  He
was in FN31. Another interesting thing was that the only time I ever heard
K1TR was when he called you. I never worked him and he is almost line of
sight from my antenna in Southern NH!!  What's up with that? Maybe he is a
"captive home station for" W4SHG/R. Maybe I should bitch about it to the
ARRL!
   I miss my amplifiers. Like they say,  Life is too short for QRP! I am
glad you copied me on CW. You were anywhere from S2 to about S8 or 9 at one
point. I almost called on SSB but you sounded busy. Condx here were not
good. I was hearing none of the tropo that they had in Southern NE.
    Thanks for your efforts. The story about the Mayberry cops was
priceless.

Dave K1WHS