[VHFcontesting] Mounting multiple V/UHF antennas on 1 mast

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Mounting multiple V/UHF antennas on 1 mast
From: David Whaley <dwhaley@mc.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:55:09 -0500
I have the following antennas on 1 mast, A Comet GP-6 on top, a PAR
OA-432 Horiz loop, an M2 440-18, PAR OA-144 Horiz Loop, M2 2M9SSB Yagi,
PAR OA-50 Horiz. Loop, 3el StepIR yagi. I have 2 ICOM AG preamps(144 &
432) feeding 2 SSB Electronics AS-304 Rem Ant. Switches. Position 1 of
each switch is the Loop for that band(432 top and 144 below). The 2m
loop and 9el yagi seem to work fine. The 432 loop works ok but when I
switch to position 2 on the 432 switch I can hear the noise level
decrease but when I measure the coax with my MFJ-269 analyzer it show
the antenna has good SWR but when I point the yagi at a known RF source
there is hardly any signal compared to the 432 loop. Do I have an issue
with mounting the 432 antennas too close to each other? Is there a
formula I can use when mounting antenna distances between each other?
Please check my webpage (user.mc.net/~dwhaley) and look at the last ham
picture to see the placement of antennas. I am going to move the 432
yagi to another position on the switch this weekend to see if the
problem goes away.

*Dave K9DMW*