Re: [VHFcontesting] water damange

To: "Richard Cook" <w2rac@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] water damange
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:39:05 -0500
On 10/13/07, Richard Cook <w2rac@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I knew a college electronics instructor that would "wash" TV's. Drain the
> Caps and wash, rinse and DRY! Never had a issue.

Mike wrote

I have washed several keyboards that have had soda spilled on them.
Just stand them on end in the kitchen sink and use the spray hose with
warm water at low pressure.  I go stand them in front of a box fan on
high for another hour or so letting them fully dry.  Then some canned
air (duster) to blow the water out of all the little hidden places.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com