Re: [VHFcontesting] 6M sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6M sprint
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
Yes...activity seemed low.  My motivation was unexpectedly high.  Why?  Because
I was competing against people in real-time.

When I logged into RFSport.com OnlineLogger (two hours into the sprint) and
noticed that Q's and G's were low...I was motivated to pass as many folks as I
could.  I stuck it out to do just that.  I kept telling myself "just another 15
minutes"...and I did that four times.  The result can be seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/32zkkz

fwiw...there is useful information to mine from that page.

PI=Performance Index.  The first byte is the number of operators.  The second
two bytes are dBi+dBm (ERPim, if you will).  In general terms...the higher this
number, the more "Performance" one should expect from the station.

Click on a hyperlink to see what each participant actually worked.

Thanks to the SVHFS for sponsoring the event!

Ev, W2EV

PS...if you participated using OnlineLogger...you must still submit your logs
to SVHFS to satisfy their entry rules.