Re: [VHFcontesting] 2007 September VHF Contest Scoring Calculation

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2007 September VHF Contest Scoring Calculation
From: specrisk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 15:35:48 -0500
To the list:

Did anyone notice the inconsistency in how the scores database? and line scores
list QSO's for some entrants and? QSO Points( QSO's X higher band credit) for
others. The column lists "QSO's" so it appears that some stations had many more
QSOs than they actually did. QSO's and QSO points are the same if a station
only works 6 and 2 meters but are totally different with higher bands due to
the? multiplier for higher bands. The database needs an additional column or
there has to be some way to show QSO's for everyone. You can observe what I am
talking about by multiplying the numbers in the column listed as QSO's times
the multipliers (grids). In some cases it works out to the final score and in
other cases it works out lower. I am not suggesting there is a problem in
actual scores or standing but rather the way it is exhibited.? If I am
incorrect in my observation please let me know.

George Vaccaro, W1JHR