[VHFcontesting] Use of APRS in the Rover

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Use of APRS in the Rover
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:29:51 -0500
So how bad do you think the APRS signal is going to be for the 2m SSB
station?

If I put a 50 watt FM transmission into a vertical separated maybe 10
feet from my horizontal yagi;  At best I can see complete desince of the
SSB receiver, at worst maybe front end damage...

As close in frequency as the two radios will be [ie:  144.200 vs.
144.390] I don't think even a notch filter would be much help.  How long
do you think the transmission will be?  A 2 second burst every 10
minutes?  More?  Longer?

Opinions anyone?  Is anyone currently doing this?   How can we make it work?

I likely will not be ready for January, but maybe by June...  There are
no nearby multi-ops in my neck of the woods now days, but I would still
like to give it a try.

Wish me luck,

73
Dan