Re: [VHFcontesting] IRLP on the road?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] IRLP on the road?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:06:29 -0600 (CST)
Doesn't much matter to me.  If I'm on a hilltop 10 miles or so from the
nearest town, I'm not going to have any non-amateur means available to me
anyway. I wouldn't bother with a cell phone in a VHF contest. To me, it's
more fun to work peple up the bands starting on 6 or 2 meters, anyway.

Skeds made before a contest don't always pan out.  I've had some where for
one reason or another one of us didn't make it.  I usually stumbled across
the other station eventually, anyway.

I believe non-amateur means ARE permitted during the 10 GHz and Up
contest. Maybe I'll consider using a cell phone in that one if I can't
manage coordination on 144.260.

73, Zack W9SZ