Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 61, Issue 17

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 61, Issue 17
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:31:49 -0500
Yesterday, I wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:03:30 -0500
> From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com>
> Subject: [VHFcontesting] C3i/Ariane C5-50 info needed
> To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
>
> I have a 5 element 6 meter beam bought several years ago from C3I that
> was damaged last summer.  I bought replacement elements from Ariane
> Arrays, and they provided a new assembly sheet showing some differences
> in element spacing.
>
> I finally got around to fixing the antenna this weekend, and the tuning
> is significantly off.  It's showing a best SWR of about 1.4 and the dip
> is at about 48.7 MHz.  Moving the tee-match sliders by up to 2 inches
> didn't really make much difference.
>
> Does anyone here have the instructions for the "late model" 5 element
> antenna sold by Ariane, and if so, could they provide me with any
> instuctions on setting the matching?
>
> Thanks and 73,
>
> John

Just wanted to report back that thanks to a couple of folks on the list,
I got the revised Ariane instruction manual.  The positioning of the
sliders on the tee match has moved *** 8.5 inches *** from the old
design!  And I was messing around moving an inch or so...

Thanks for the quick help!

73,
John