[VHFcontesting] Lunar PAG 432 Preamp device

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Lunar PAG 432 Preamp device
From: Dexter McIntyre W4DEX <dmcintyre@att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:43:45 -0400
After over 25 years of use with no sequencer my Lunar PAG 432 preamp
died.  I'm fairly sure a DC input spike killed it even though I have the
standard diode and capacitor spike circuit across the input.  I had just
moved the 12 volt input to a difference power source which also supplies
power to a pair of old Dow Key relays.

So I am in need of the original device number used in this preamp.  I
could not find the documentation that came with the preamp and A Google
search didn't find the info.

I have a quanity of old but never used Dexcel FETs designated as D432.
I seem to recall building a 2 meter preamp  using this device in a
circuit designed for a MGF1202 and it worked well.  I believe it got
sidetracked to a repeater project years ago.  Anyone know the specs on
this device?  I'm tempted to try one in the PAG432.  The numbers match :)

W4DEX