[VHFcontesting] N1LF-Rookie-MICROWAVE

To: <springvhfsprints@sysadnet.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N1LF-Rookie-MICROWAVE
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:26:17 -0500
My log for this contest is easy. 0 QSO's X 0 Grids=0 Points.

Stayed up until 2AM putting a five element 2 Meter antenna, and a 25 element
loop yagi on a 18 foot aluminum painters pole. Attached a 2 meter pre-amp and
hardline to both antennas, connected both to my IC-910H. Got up at 5AM to try
to catch any activity in the Eastern time zone, and stayed on the air until
just before 7AM Central. A strong thunderstorm rolled into our area, and I
scrambled to take the antennas down prior to the gust front arriving.

Made it with seconds to spare! After that had to leave for the Birmingham
Hamfest and didn't get back before the end of the contest. Next year, I'll be
on 900mhz, 1296, and 2304, but for this year, microwave proved a bust. Had fun
in any event! Thanks to the sponsors!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director