Re: [VHFcontesting] HI-SPEC 1.2ghz amp Info needed!

To: <kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] HI-SPEC 1.2ghz amp Info needed!
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:41:10 +0000
Kevin, The Hi-Spec amps used a pair of 7289/3CX100A5 type tubes.. these are
ceramic "2c39 type" planar triodes..
14 tubes.. all with water cooling caps.. Do they screw on or are they soldered
on? The cooling caps are worth some bucks i believe.. You probably need to try
different combinations of tubes to see which set gives you the most power..
yikes, that's a LOT of combinations with 14 tubes!! Did all the water-cooling
stuff come with the amp?

bill, k1dy