[VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint
From: George Sintchak/WA2VNV <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:14:14 -0400
Conditions were also flat here in NE - no tropo, E skip, no anything. Power
line noise, IMD splatter and Rx overload were pretty bad most of the time to
add to the poor conditions. Nobody spread out above ~ 50.160. A few times I
tried calling CQ on 50.170 for about 15 minutes and got no calls.

It looks like the ring gear on my Ham IV broke with the last hour to go.
Stuck me beaming ~NW at 290 degrees. Better that is broke now in warm Wx
before the June contest. I see a tower climb in my future tomorrow to
(fortunately) do a rotor swap. I did manage 50 Q's and 14 Grids = 700 score
with my 100 Watts & 5 elements at 65 ft.

Running a contest always tests our equipment to the max. I guess that's one
of the things these sprints do for us. Now to get ready for running all the
bands in June. Better luck to all in June.

Best 73's
George, WA2VNV
FN30kv

.end