[VHFcontesting] First ever 6 Meter E's--August Schott, K5HCT

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] First ever 6 Meter E's--August Schott, K5HCT
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:09:36 -0500
Happy to report that while monitoring 50.125 last Thursday evening just before
bed time, I heard a weak station calling CQ. I went back to him, and was
immediately answered by August Schott, K5HCT in West Texas. I was so excited
that it took me two or three fills to get his callsign and grid square even
though he signal had risen to arm chair copy levels.

We chatted for a few moments, and then he called for other stations. What a
thrill! This was followed by an afternoon opening on Friday when I was able to
work more stations in West Texas, Colorado, and even into Oregon on both the
attic mounted home station antennas, and the 1/4 whip mag mount while mobile!
Can't wait for more openings!

Thanks to all who took time to offer advice, and instruct me to be patient. As
many of you predicted, the compromised antennas worked fine once the band
opened.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63