Re: [VHFcontesting] Rules for Single-Ops

To: <jcplatt1@mmm.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rules for Single-Ops
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:27:43 -0400
Hi Jon,

General rule 3.10 is "The use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication
(for example, Internet or telephone) to solicit a contact (or contacts)
during the contest period is not permitted.

I think this means that during the contest you cannot call up or e-mail a
buddy and ask him to get on and work you now. Asking him to look for you
ahead of the contest is OK.
And if you work him on 6M and ask him there to work you on 2M, that's OK
too.

It's the specific purpose of these other communication forms that's not
permitted, namely to solicit a contact. Other uses of the internet do not
seem excluded by this rule.

73
Chet, N8RA