Re: [VHFcontesting] Grids Worked on Six in the June Contest.

To: "curtis roseman" <croseman@usc.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grids Worked on Six in the June Contest.
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:22:57 -0000
The conditions were not as favorable in the northeast during the June
contest. I do not monitor the band that seriously, and would rate the 2008
Es season as average, but I know I missed a few good openings. JA was worked
from New England this go around just a few days ago, which is fantastic and
a very very rare event. Still with the high points mixed in with other
times. I would still not rate the year as great. It is typical so far here.
The June contest from here was slow on Saturday but very good at times on
Sunday. I did not pay too close attention as my brand new diesel generator
crapped out after 30 minutes at the start of the June contest. That took the
wind out of my sails for sure. I never  even got started!!

Dave K1WHS