Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] How do you rate the season so far?

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] How do you rate the season so far?
From: Vince Adams <vinoul@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 03:23:16 +0000

Being a newbie, I also don't have much to compare it to, but overall I would
rate it a B.  For the few weeks leading up to the vhf contest it was great
(give it an A), but since then things seem to have stalled out a bit.  But
there's been some good dx openings the past few days, so maybe were in for
another good run here before the season starts winding down (I hope)... 73's
Vince - N9VN> From: les@highnoonfilm.com> To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu;
vhfcontesting@contesting.com> Subject: [VHF] How do you rate the season so far?
> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:22:10 -0500> > The Worldwide TV FM DX Association
(WTFDA) e-mail list has an interesting> discussion going on right now that I
thought might be interesting to "port" to> our lists. The question is fairly
simple--How would you rate the 2008 Sporadic> E Summer Season compared to
others?> > The grading scale is also simple. A, B, C, D, F. Just like grade
school!> > Since I started this, I'll go first. Well, I can't...can I? I have
no>
  experience to compare it to, other than past TV DX seasons. From late May to>
about June 20th, I'd give it a "B+" or "A" since it seemed to be open daily>
here. Sometimes, like during the June contest it bordered on spectacular.> >
Since about June 20th, I'd have to give it a "C-". It's like someone flipped a>
switch here. Minimal, short lived openings or none at all. I hope the rest of>
July isn't like this.> > I'm mostly interested in hearing from all of
you...since it will give me a> better barometer to judge all this with. What's
your grade for the season so> far?> > 73,> > Les Rayburn, N1LF> > > Les
Rayburn, director> High Noon Film> 100 Centerview Drive Suite 111> Birmingham,
AL 35216-3748> 205.824.8930> 205.824.8960 fax> 205.253.4867 cell> ------>
vhf-request@w6yx.stanford.edu> Human list administrator:
vhf-approval@w6yx.stanford.edu> List rules and information:
http://www-w6yx.stanford.edu/vhf/