[VHFcontesting] CY0X on 2 meter

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CY0X on 2 meter
From: "Eugene Zimmerman" <ezimmerm@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:51:28 -0400
I received E-mail today from Chris Patterson W3CMP one of the CY0X
operators.

He and I have tried for the past two days at dawn our time to work on 2
meter meteor scatter [path = ~900 miles] but the meteors have not
cooperated. I have heard only one short burst of cw from him and a couple of
pings today. Chris says:

"I will be on 144.192 at 09:30 utc.  I will take 1st and 3d [15 second
segments] and alternate between high speed CW and SSB."

By high speed c.w. he means ~35 wpm not the 100+ wpm that the European
scatter operators mean.

I believe he is running something over 100 watts with a decent yagi in the
clear.

You can listen for him tomorrow morning. Remember if you transmit, transmit
ONLY 2nd and 4th [15-30 seconds and 45-60 seconds AFTER the minute].
Otherwise no one will hear anything. He will operate for one hour until
1030Z.

This is an analog schedule. There is no FSK441 - don't ask - he doesn't have
it. I consider Chris one of the best scatter operators in the country and
have worked him from a number of locations including VP5 from my QTH in
FM19.

Unless you live pretty far west, anyone can work CY0X on 6 meters. Here is
your chance to try 2 meters the old fashioned way, no moon, limited
machines, no chat net. Just you, your ears and the rocks.

Good luck

Gene W3ZZ
FM19jd