Re: [VHFcontesting] roving could vitalizize VHF+ with the help of the AR

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] roving could vitalizize VHF+ with the help of the ARRL
From: Glen Overby <goverby@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 7, Jul, 2008 4:5:55 -0000
frank bechdoldt wrote:
> 2.    I hope the VUAC can have some pull to create a roving VUCC or other
> type of acknowlegement for grids activated.

In the absence of an ARRL award, the Central States VHF Society has created a
Reverse VUCC award.  See:

   http://www.csvhfs.org/CSVHFVUC.HTML

for info.  The Honor Roll page is way out of date.  You don't have to be a
CSVHFS member or even be in the "central" states to participate.   The award
looks just as nice as the one the ARRL sends you, and it's cheaper (you pay
only for postage and envelope).  But it's just as difficult!  Sadly, there
hasn't been a whole lot of participation.

Glen, kc0iyt/r holder of VUCC/r on 3456 & 10ghz, and paperwork for 2304 & 5760.