[VHFcontesting] 432 antenna plans

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 antenna plans
From: "David" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:17:15 -0400
I am getting together some 432 stuff in hope I can get a tower worker in the
near future.  I have decided to put SQ-432 stack on the side of my tower. I
plan to use LMR-400 type coax.  My tower is 70 ft. and I plan to put the
antennas at about 50 ft as the guy that will be doing the job will use a
bucket that only has about a 50 ft reach.  I will not use a tower preamp as
they don't have longevity here due to lightning.  I am thinking that going
higher would not be any better anyway as the coax loss would be greater than
gain from height. At 50 ft, the antennas will be above the tree line.  I
would like some comments and suggestions about my thoughts.

David
KE4YYD