Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 antenna plans

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 antenna plans
From: "David" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:28:18 -0400
After receiving several replies I am considering using four end mounted 4
element beams mounted in different directions connected by a phasing harness
to a single lead in.  I really don't need omni coverage due to my location
on the Gulf shore.  A 4 element beam should perform better than stacked
loops in a given direction but I have no idea how the phased beams would
interact since they would be pointing in different directions.   Phasing two
antennas in different directions seems to work with TV antennas.  Comments
please.

David