[VHFcontesting] K9ZF/R CQWW-VHF Plans

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, inham@mailman.qth.net, IndyHams <IndyHamRadio@yahoogroups.com>, smc@w9smc.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K9ZF/R CQWW-VHF Plans
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:18:23 -0400
Group,

I've got the gear all together and ready to roll once again.  I will be
doing a "mini-Rover" trip for the CQWW-VHF contest this weekend.

http://www.cqww-vhf.com/

Begins: 1800 UTC Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ends: 2100 UTC Sunday, July 20, 2008

I plan to spend Saturday afternoon and evening in EM68wo, in Salem,
Indiana.  The city park here is around 900' elevation.  Very good for
Indiana:-)

Sunday I'll get an early start in EM78cn, from a hilltop near
Henryville, Indiana.  This hilltop is over 1000' and one of the best
sites I've found.   I'll stay here as long as activity holds out, or the
end of the contest.

I know 2 grids isn't much of a Rover trip, but at $4.16/gallon it will
have to do for now.   I'm tentatively planning to do EM67/EM77/EM68/EM78
in September.

6m will be 100 watts to 3 elements at 25'.
2m will be 160 watts to 10 elements at 18'.

432 is 100 watts to 18 elements at 21'.  Not good for contest points,
but I will have it along if anyone would like a 432 QSO anyway.

Have fun!

73
Dan
--