Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for input on multiband VHF/UHFallmoderigs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for input on multiband VHF/UHFallmoderigs
From: Radioman <radioman01@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:38:07 -0400
Ellen,
you don't need to use Full power
its adjustable on the front panel, you can get down to QRP or lower

when I'm looking for a new rig, I'll get all the flyer's or Slicks on
the rigs and
weight in what i need and will grow into later, always leave room for
growth, its going to happen

Before i bought my house i did the same apartment thing with a balcony.
picture a 3 foot tripod mounted to a wooden platform held down with
cinder blocks a TV antenna rotor
 a 10 foot mast and 4 VHF/UHF antenna's on there doing contests, use
your imagination some common sense
then learn\tweak\learn\tweak\learn then when the array gets too big MOVE!

Tony
NN1D