[VHFcontesting] contest from en23 ka0zoz

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] contest from en23 ka0zoz
From: Aaron Sloan <ka0zoz@sixone.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:31:51 -0400
Greetings contesters,
Haven't contested in a long time and I had a great time this contest.  The
portable 55' crank up tower and antennas were installed in my backyard right
before the contest.. by the skin of my teeth. 17b2 on 2m and 5 elements on 6m
and
rig was single icom 706mk2g so that was 100w on 6m and 50w on 2m.
I set up the operating position inside my enclosed utility trailer and ran the
fan on full blast.
The beginning of the contest started with a storm moving, tornado watch and then
torrential rain and lightning for about two hours.  Air conditioning will be
mandatory next time, not just an option. humid...argh
I could have probably done better on 2m if I put some more time in it and hooked
up the amplifier but was kind of lazy after cranking the tower up and down a
couple times.
Sunday morning brought out an irritated neighbor who didn't appreciate hearing
me
in his television speakers. That cost me some contacts to the SW.. since I only
seemed to be getting into his tv when aimed right over his house.

Score:

ka0zoz en23

2m 9 qso's x 8 grids
6m 141 qso's x 60 grids

64 unique grids

score 10176

Tnx to our county ema manager for letting me borrow the tower!
Can't wait for the next contest!
73 and tnx for all the Q's.
ka0zoz Aaron